Houston, Texas – November 10, 2016 – Alta Mesa Holdings, LP announced the following financial events and operational updates – see highlights below. A conference call to discuss these announcements is scheduled for today at 2 p.m. Central time (888-347-8149).
- Equity investment of $300 million to be made by High Mesa, Inc.
- Second lien term loan of $125 million will be fully repaid
- First lien will be partially paid down leaving an estimated availability of $223 million undrawn
- Borrowing base to be reaffirmed at $300 million
- Senior secured credit facility maturity extended to 2018, springing to 2020 upon bond refinancing
- Net Loss for 3Q-2016 totaled $26.6 million
- Adjusted EBITDAX for 3Q-2016 totaled $38.4 million
- Production totaled 1.8 MMBOE, or 20,000 BOE per day
- Expanded STACK leasehold approaching 100,000 net acres in up-dip oil window
- Type curve for 4,800 ft horizontal STACK well – 640 MBOE, ~70% liquids
- Fifth drilling rig added to operations in Oklahoma STACK Play
Alta Mesa Holdings, LP’s parent company, High Mesa, Inc., has committed to invest $300 million of capital in Alta Mesa. Funds were derived from the sale of preferred equity for a minority interest in High Mesa to BCE-MESA Holdings LLC, an affiliate of Bayou City Energy Management, LLC, a private equity firm focused on investments in the North American upstream oil and gas sector. The $300 million in funds will be used to fully repay Alta Mesa’s $125 million second lien term loan (plus a prepayment premium of $2.5 million) and to partially pay down its first lien credit facility, leaving an estimated availability of $223 million undrawn.